ABOUT | Hosting 2020
Interested in Hosting the 49th Annual Workshop on Instruction in Library Use (WILU) in 2020? Submit your proposal to email@example.com by December 15, 2018.
Instructions and Criteria
- be one to two pages in length.
- indicate why your Institution would be the ideal host for WILU 2020.
- come from or have the approval of the Dean/Director/Chair/Head of Libraries of the interested institution.
- be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 15, 2018 with the subject line ‘WILU 2020 Host Proposal’.
Selection criteria is as follows:
- WILU travels back and forth across Canada to ensure that participants from all regions have an opportunity to attend without long-distance travel; however, this pattern is flexible and all interested hosts will be considered.
- Proposals should demonstrate enough local interest to staff a conference committee.
- Suitable conference facilities should be available, including nearby accommodations.
- Preference may be given to institutions who have never hosted WILU or who have hosted it less recently than others.
Still unsure? The Co-Chairs of WILU 2019 understand the commitment involved in hosting a large conference. Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have questions or concerns or would like to discuss any aspect of hosting:
Kyle Feenstra – University of Manitoba
Ian Fraser – University of Winnipeg
Kerry Macdonald – Red River College
The successful proposal and host institution will be notified by January 7, 2019.